Visiting the UK
If you wish to come to the UK for a short time to take part in a sporting event, sports related activity or something of the like, then you may be able to come on a Sports Visitor Visa.
You can come to the UK on an Sports Visitor Visa if you are:
- A sportsmen
- From outside the EEA or Switzerland
- Meet all relevant eligibility requirements
You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.
- be genuinely seeking entry as a sports visitor for a limited period no longer than six months (not required for extensions)
- leave the UK at the end of the period of the visit
- maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants without using public funds
- meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- intend to do one or more of the following during the visit
- take part in a particular sporting event, tournament or series of events as defined by the UK Border Agency
- take part in a specific one off charity sporting event, providing they are not paid other than for travelling and other expenses
- join, as an amateur, a wholly or mostly amateur team provided they are not paid other than for board and lodging and reasonable expenses, or
- serve as a member of the technical or personal staff, or as an official, attending the same event as a visiting sportsperson coming for one or more of the purposes listed above.
You must not:
- take employment
- intend to undertake a course of study
- be a child under the age of 18
- intend to marry or form a civil partnership
- intend to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- intend to receive private medical treatment
- be in transit to a country outside the common travel area.
The Immigration rules varies for sportspeople and coaches depending on what they will be doing whilst in the UK, whether they are professional or amateurs, and the sport itself. We at Meliora are able to assist with all aspects of sports immigration, and due to the complexity it is best to contact us to discuss your requirements in the first instance.