Tier 1 Investor Visa provides a route for high-net-worth individuals to enter the UK and fast-track their way to settlement. The UK has always been immensely attractive for those wishing to gain citizenship by investment. The UK is in close proximity to Europe, a market of 500 million and enjoys a stable government, is free from corruption and has a robust rule of law. In addition to all this, there are world renowned private schools and universities, a thriving property market and an abundance of sporting and cultural activities.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA?
To qualify for a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you need to have:
- At least £2 million of your own money, available for immediate dispersal in the UK, and currently held in a regulated financial institution
- A UK bank account at a regulated bank (if you have not done this, our team can make the necessary bank introductions)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to prove that the £2 million in investment funds belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried, or same-sex partner
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA?
You must apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa online (unless you are from North Korea). When completing an application, it is imperative that you send the correct documents to support your submission. Failure to do so can result in your application being immediately refused, wasting precious time.
Once your application is received, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) may invite you to submit your biometric details. This may be done at a Visa Application Centre based in your country.
As soon as the biometric details are received, your full application will be considered. Decisions are usually received within three weeks. Our experienced team will assist you with every step along the way.
CAN I FAST-TRACK MY APPLICATION TO OBTAIN BRITISH CITIZENSHIP WITH A TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA?
Citizenship by investment is an extremely attractive route for high-net-worth individuals to gain a British passport and all the advantages it brings. Depending on your investment, under accelerated routes, you and your family may obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) within two or three years, provided all requirements are met.
An investment of £10 million means you can apply for ILR within two years, and investment of £5 million will allow you to seek ILR within three years.
If you have invested £2 million, provided you meet set criteria, you may be able to extend your visa after three years for two further years.
After a total of five years, Investor Visa holders may apply for ILR. After 12 months of having ILR, you may apply for British Citizenship.
WHICH DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO PROVIDE WHEN APPLYING FOR A TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA?
You will need to provide evidence of the following when submitting your application for a Tier 1 Investor Visa (it is not an exhaustive list):
- A valid passport or another travel document
- The result of your tuberculosis test if you are required to have one done
- A criminal record certificate from any country you have resided in for 12 months or more over the past ten years
- That you have at least £2 million in funds which are free to be invested in the UK
- If the money is your partners, you will need to show evidence that they agree to let you use the money and present a marriage certificate or proof you are in a long-term relationship
THE TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA OFFERS GREAT OPPORTUNITIES
The Tier 1 Investor Visa provides an excellent opportunity for high-net-worth individuals who wish to relocate to the UK, do permitted investment, and acquire British Citizenship. The investor route permits you to access work opportunities without limit, enjoy peace of mind with free state education and healthcare, and travel for up to six months in every year.
In this esteemed visa category, there are minimal requirements. You will not need to pass an English language test, you will not have to show proof of education, and there is no age restriction.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF MY TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA APPLICATION IS REFUSED?
If your Tier 1 Investor Visa application is refused, you may seek an Administrative Review or Judicial review of the decision, or resubmit your application, depending on the reason for the rejection. Our lawyers will swiftly evaluate what led UK Visas and Immigration to reject your application and advise you on the best course of action to take.